- Hampshire Align Programme
ECF programme roles and responsibilities
- ECF Funding and eligibility
ECF Funding and eligibility
- School leader briefing
School leader briefing
- Roles and responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities
To help you when assigning roles for the programme this year, here is a quick reminder of the expectations and responsibilities of each.
Please note: ECT Coordinators (now called Induction Tutors), ECTs and mentors must be registered with the DfE Manage training for early career teachers service
Induction Tutor (previously ECT Coordinator)
Coordinates the ECF programme, is responsible for ensuring ECTs and mentors are registered with the DfE Manage training for early career teachers service, is responsible for assigning mentors to ECTs on the My Ambition portal (Steplab) and oversees Steplab.
The Induction Tutor for the Appropriate Body element of induction (termly assessments and formal progress reviews) is a separate role and does not need to be the same person as the Induction Tutor on the ECT Align programme, though absolutely can be. The Appropriate Body Induction Tutor does not need to be registered with the DfE or ECT Align.
Attends all training events (conferences, clinic and if appropriate mentor coaching) with Hampshire. Provides weekly instructional coaching cycle, recording action steps on Steplab. Works collaboratively with the ECT and other colleagues to ensure the ECT receives a high-quality ECF based induction programme.
IMPORTANT: Registration and onboarding with Ambition MUST be completed by the Induction Tutor, Mentor and ECT.
- Registering your ECTs 2023-25
Registering your ECTs 2023-25
Whilst Hampshire is no longer able to act as Appropriate Body for new ECTs from September 2023, we are continuing our partnership with Ambition Institute and continue to offer ECT Align for the next cohort of ECTs – ECT Align 2023-25.
If you wish to register your new ECTs with us, please complete the following steps.
1) Complete this form to advise us that you wish to sign your school up to the ECT Align 2023-25 programme
If you have any ECTs joining your school in the second year of their ECF training (ECT Align 2022-24), please use this form to provide us with their details
Ambition will send a partnership agreement to the registered Induction Tutor - please ensure this is accepted
2) Register your Induction Tutor on the DfE Manage training for early career teachers service if not already registered
3) Register your ECT with an Appropriate Body
4) Register your ECT and mentor on the DfE Manage training for early career teachers service
Provider: Ambition Institute
Delivery Partner: Hampshire Local Authority
Please ensure you have all required information before registration (first name, surname, email address, induction start date, teacher reference number (TRN) and date of birth
5) On the DfE service, assign a mentor to your ECT
6) Ensure email@example.com is not blocked by your school email server to ensure delegates receive registration information and notifications from Ambition
7) All delegates to action the welcome email received from Ambition and complete the registration and onboarding process, including Steplab Access Form
It is really important that all steps of the process are fully completed in order to ensure that ECTs and mentors are ready to start their programme in September.
We know that the registration process has lots of steps so we hope that this flowchart helps make the process clearer.
Please also use our 'step by step' guides to various aspects of the registration process which we hope will answer any queries.
If you have any difficulty using the DfE Manage training for early career teachers service, please contact the DfE on firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to help.
- Role briefing videos
Role briefing videos
- Programme delivery information
Programme delivery information
The two year programme comprises:
- 3 x conferences (venue based and virtual)
- 6 x one hour online clinics
The two year programme comprises:
- 2 x conferences (venue based and virtual)
- 3 x one hour online clinics
- 3 x one hour coaching sessions
- Participant information - ECT Align 2022-24
Participant information - ECT Align 2022-24
ECT Align 2022-24 Programme Overview
- Useful forms