Music Training offer
Secondary Music Networks
The primary aims of the subject network meetings are to:
- Support effective subject leadership aligned to each school’s individual context.
- Enable effective planning based on recent Ofsted Music Subject Review and county framework and considering the national picture.
- Deepen understanding of subject specific pedagogy and knowledge that underpins good progress and attainment for ALL pupils.
- Facilitate school to school networking and develop strength across the system.
Common agenda items for these meetings
- Sharing good practice and work.
- Development of subject specific knowledge and an understanding of strong progression and sequencing.
- Enhancing subject leadership.
- Structuring Key Stage 4 to ensure pupils are well prepared for the next phase of their education.
- Providing high quality Key Stage 3 provision that builds successfully on key stage 2.
- Ensuring all learning, including the most vulnerable (SEN and PP) are able to make excellent progress.